LASH 1.0 Roadmap
Back to Front Page
This is a roadmap towards LASH 1.0.
Goals to be reached during Summercode 2008
Change LASH to use D-Bus as its protocol.
- Change liblash to use D-Bus internally instead of current network
- Add a D-Bus control interface to lashd to enable the development
of control applications utilizing D-Bus
- Add callback API
Add a callback-based API to liblash.
- Fix server interface issues
Currently an application can either register as a normal LASH client
or a control application via liblash. This prevents the development
of feature-rich LASH control applications, and for instance Patchage
suffers from the limitation. This needs to be changed.
- Use D-Bus to communicate with JACK
Change lashd's JACK connectivity code to utilize JACK's new D-Bus
- Probably wise to keep the old libjack code still in place for